Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
<--Miss You Big Fella

bryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to behold
Some trouble with Sync/MFT

I've got a '13 SD Lariat with the newest sync/My Ford Touch system.
I noticed last weekend that when I press the voice command button on the steering wheel, the the prompt that asks me to 'please say a command' does not work anymore. The dash display acts like it is waiting for a command, but when I say something, I get no response.

Is there a master reset that I can utilize before making an appointment at the dealer?

Thanks,

gw
Old 08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
There is a "master reset" in the settings menu. How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

This will wipe out any customizations you've done, as well as the bluetooth pairing to your phone.

I found that even after multiple master resets, and pulling the MFT fuse, and even the "delayed reboot" available on the net, pulling the battery cable for an hour fixed a problem I was having with SiriusXM Traffic and my navigation system (this is on my Taurus). In my case, there was something going on between the satellite radio, and the navigation system, and the MFT wasn't really the problem.

With your issue, I'd say a simple MFT reboot might help. Pulling the battery cable is probably the easiest way to do this. In my Taurus, the MFT fuse is buried under the dash somewhere. In your truck, it might be very easy to get to. If so, I'd pull the fuse for 10 minutes and see what happens. Otherwise, disconnect for battery.

Report back
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
<--Miss You Big Fella

bryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to beholdbryyce62 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
There is a "master reset" in the settings menu. How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

This will wipe out any customizations you've done, as well as the bluetooth pairing to your phone.

I found that even after multiple master resets, and pulling the MFT fuse, and even the "delayed reboot" available on the net, pulling the battery cable for an hour fixed a problem I was having with SiriusXM Traffic and my navigation system (this is on my Taurus). In my case, there was something going on between the satellite radio, and the navigation system, and the MFT wasn't really the problem.

With your issue, I'd say a simple MFT reboot might help. Pulling the battery cable is probably the easiest way to do this. In my Taurus, the MFT fuse is buried under the dash somewhere. In your truck, it might be very easy to get to. If so, I'd pull the fuse for 10 minutes and see what happens. Otherwise, disconnect for battery.

Report back
Thanks Art,
I was able to do a master reset thru the system menu on the radio. The voice prompt came back but then I had some trouble pairing my phone again.
Long story short, got some technical help from my son-in-law (a techno geek) and he got the phone to link back up to Sync.
According to Ford's Sync website, there is a major upgrade happening to the Sync system. Maybe this will fix the bugs I've been having in my rig.

Thanks again. I never considered pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery. It'll be something I try next time I run into a problem.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Yep, got version 3.6 today and installed. No big differences noticed yet, but ... bluetooth stereo seems more responsive.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Freshman User

GuyPavelo is starting off with a positive reputation.
How did you upgrade sync? I cant figure out how to make it connect to the net via my iphone or anything... Not sure how to do much on it really. Dealer started to talk about it but not sure he even knew how the heck to use it. Id love to know how to get the traffic warnings and things work... As well as how to take a detour!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:31 AM
<--Miss You Big Fella

Use the link to get to the Ford Sync update. Register, if you haven't done already.
Follow the instructions for the update. Good luck.

Get Support and Manage Your SYNC Account | Syncmyride.com
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Freshman User

GuyPavelo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aaaah! Thank you so much Bryce!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Just so you know, this got moved to the new IVT forum.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 PM