View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 PM
ErrIsHuman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aftrmidnite
I saw one made out of Fibreglass in a store in Raleigh NC. it was very expensive and big. I think you'd be better off buying something from Ikea and putting stickers, maybe a grill and emblems on it. Kids are rough on their first furniture, and we had girls. We waited till they were ashamed of their ratty furniture, then we got the solid wood stuff. They took care of that.
yes I agree that kids are rough on their things however I am not thinking a fiberglass bed..or wood or anything from ikea I am not really an ikea kinda mom more like a diy kinda mom lol

I am thinking an actual truck bed (still usable on the road possibly) turned into a childhood bed then reused as a first (maybe second) truck.

I was thinking kinda like some people have heirloom things for their kids maybe a truck they buy when the kid is little and slowly but together work on it to get it restored so the child learns to fix it and also learns how hard you have to work for your things to keep them and in good condition take care of them.. so maybe buy a whole truck store it and use the bed as his bed until he needs to restore that part of it or something...kinda out there I know but I can dream cant I