Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM
New User

ErrIsHuman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Second gen F100 with wood bed

Ok I think I am looking for like a 59' f100 its the one with the wooden slats in the bed ...I would like to know what the dimensions of the inside of the bed are..I am a mom to a almost 4 yr old little boy and I want to buy one of these to turn into his bed for his room but not sure the dimensions of the bed if it would be practical...I also plan to redo it so its real nice but keep it intact so he could possibly use it as a truck also someday I know I am really reaching here but well lets face it a f100 as your first bed then your first truck would be sweet haha anyone have one they could tell me dimensions of please
Old 07-12-2013, 07:24 PM
New User

jim4154 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK it's been long since I sold mine but the dimensions were just over 4 feet, like 481/2 inches by right at 6 feet. Hope that helps. Big for a little kids bed but also a great fort and whatever else comes to the 4 year old mind, Jim.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Posting Guru

Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I saw one made out of Fibreglass in a store in Raleigh NC. it was very expensive and big. I think you'd be better off buying something from Ikea and putting stickers, maybe a grill and emblems on it. Kids are rough on their first furniture, and we had girls. We waited till they were ashamed of their ratty furniture, then we got the solid wood stuff. They took care of that.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim4154 View Post
OK it's been long since I sold mine but the dimensions were just over 4 feet, like 481/2 inches by right at 6 feet. Hope that helps. Big for a little kids bed but also a great fort and whatever else comes to the 4 year old mind, Jim.
Yes this did help thank you
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftrmidnite View Post
I saw one made out of Fibreglass in a store in Raleigh NC. it was very expensive and big. I think you'd be better off buying something from Ikea and putting stickers, maybe a grill and emblems on it. Kids are rough on their first furniture, and we had girls. We waited till they were ashamed of their ratty furniture, then we got the solid wood stuff. They took care of that.
yes I agree that kids are rough on their things however I am not thinking a fiberglass bed..or wood or anything from ikea I am not really an ikea kinda mom more like a diy kinda mom lol

I am thinking an actual truck bed (still usable on the road possibly) turned into a childhood bed then reused as a first (maybe second) truck.

I was thinking kinda like some people have heirloom things for their kids maybe a truck they buy when the kid is little and slowly but together work on it to get it restored so the child learns to fix it and also learns how hard you have to work for your things to keep them and in good condition take care of them.. so maybe buy a whole truck store it and use the bed as his bed until he needs to restore that part of it or something...kinda out there I know but I can dream cant I
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks