View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RichS2659
Jim, there is precedence for this swap as I have seen a bumpside cab and shortened bed welded together just like the integral bed 61-63 F-100's mounted on a 78-79 Bronco chassis running around Nampa. I believe that this is a bump cab and bed with a 78-79 Bronco roof and fiberglass cap mounted. The Bronco roof must be just a little bit wider than the bump roof as you can see a parting line where the two meet. People have kind of done the same thing to Bronco II's to make them have a removable top like the early Broncos.
Jim, I'm curious where the shot of your Bronco was taken.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
The picture was taken in my back yard towards the north in south west Idaho about 35 miles west of the state capital , Boise Idaho. 5 miles farther to the west is the Snake River which is the state line to Oregon. You can't see it in the picture due to some overcast but the "Sawtooth" mountains are to the north and east of us and the " Owyhee " mountains to the south and west. . If not for the overcast you could see some high snow covered mountain peaks when it was taken.We live in what is referred to as the "snake River Plains" area.

I'm thinking you may be right about how it was put together. If you look close and compare my bronco roof to it there is some difference in them.
The tail gate looks like a pickup tailgate not a bronco one.