Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 AM
F-100CustomCabTBC
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by walkee
Hi all,

I have the idea to change my existing recirculating heater to fresh air. Seems I have to change some things at the kick panel and I have to start a search for the ducts. I already have the vents and louvers (for both sides).

The main question for me is : do I have to replace the heater and blower as well ? Or can I keep the heater unit and the front cover with the round air outlets and "just" fit the long and kinda S-formed duct to the heater unit ? And there is another duct for the passage to the kick panel to complete it.

The S-formed duct also seems to have a fresh air block-off inside, moved by a cable, is that right ?

Would be pleased to get some input, Tom
You don't have to change the blower half of the heater box. Just the half that holds the actual heater core (the back half that bolts up to the firewall)

And yes you will need to get a duct piece that goes in the kick panel.

And yes the fresh air heater has another cable. The function of that cable is to close off or open up for fresh air from outside. I am not sure where that cable is operated from right now. I would have to look into that.