Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you! And photos on your FIRST post? Wow. And a nice clean truck, btw. OK, well I'm gonna be your ally here. I just converted my '59 to diesel. It's a long haul, with a lot of engineering and I'm not really sure the f100 frame will be adequate for that big ol' 444 cu in oil burner. Like you, I also have a '92 f350 4x4 diesel. That's a whole different animal than an f100. My conversion put a scrawny 120 hp cummins six (6at) in a '59 f350 chassis. The frame and running gear are overkill for that powerplant. So..... I would look really hard at what it would take to put the '59s cab on that parts truck. It's not easy by any means, but you'll end up with power brakes, dual master, power steering, heavy frame and running gear, frame mounted fuel tank, lots and lots of stuff people take great pains and $ to add later. Not saying it can't be done either way, but that's just my .02. I actually thought just today about putting my new parts truck cab on my '92 and building a flatbed for it. Not that I need another truck, I'm just a chronic tinkerer. I have both of your same rigs, so I can help you with measurements as well, either way. More pics please.