View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Super08
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Said goodbye to my 6.2

With mixed emotions I said goodbye to my truck yesterday. I worked out a deal on a new truck at a dealer 275 miles away. (I am in the boonies) It was a deal I could not say no to. The truck listed at well over 75K (cdn) and I got it for 61k and they gave me 34K for mine. I only had to pay 27k difference. I almost changed my mind several times and almost turned around at one point as this has been and is such a good truck. Problem is being a trucker from way back I have diesel running through my veins and it just doesn't seem like a truck without a diesel in it. I refuse to buy another ford diesel after the 6.0 and 6.4 I had, not taking a chance on a 6.7. I went to a Dodge 3500 Laramie dually loaded right up. Driving it home last night left me with the impression that it is the most refined truck I have ever driven. We'll see how I feel over time if I still feel that way. I have been driving nothing but Ford pickups for 20 years and it was a hard step to take. I lost track of how many people I talked to that owned them to get first hand opinions on how they were holding up etc. The mileage for a diesel is terrible to start with at 14.5 mpg highway, but my brother said over time it improves and he is getting around 20 with his now. Takes a long time to break them in to get to that point, he figures a good 20,000 miles or so before they see real good mileage.
I bought a Reese under box set of rails so I can use the same Reese fifth wheel hitch I bought for the factory fifth wheel mount on my F350. Other than that I just got some Husky liners and a Truxedo Lo Pro for a tonneau cover as the one on my 350 is 8 years old and still looks like new. Great covers I highly recommend them.