View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Slowpoke Slim
Laughing Gas
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
drold,

I'm still pretty new to the site. I'm afraid I have no idea where the "specs section" would be?

The main reason for using the truck is to be able to fulcrum the safe. That way you're not dead lifting the entire weight from the ground. If we laid it flat on a trailer, we'd be lifting 1200 lbs for most of the lift to stand it up, and you almost can't get enough guys around it to get that much lifting power. I do have a car trailer but that would be like killing ants with a sledge hammer, and I don't have the right kind of ramps for that. Mine are the "open" style of ramps.

I've tried moving safes without a tailgate before and you run into difficulties at the end of the lift as you can't keep your feet directly under you since you're reaching past the bumper. Very hard on the lower back.

I was hoping there was a spec somewhere so I don't have to call the dealer. Not sure they would know or freely offer up the info due to liabilities or something.

Maybe there's an "official spec" somewhere? I looked in my manual, but didn't see one. Maybe I missed it?

Thanks for the replies so far.