View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, is there any tell tale signs that I should be watching out for regarding engine-threatening levels of BP?

I was sort of figuring that I had any BP issues avoided with the 4" TB exhaust I now have and the fact that I will never be pushing anything like 500+ HP out of my set up (hence to qualification of stock HPOP & injectors).

But I would prefer NOT to learn about it the HARD WAY THIS TIME !

40 psi out of a stock blower for a $200 WW upgrade is a lot cheaper that a GTP38 - but not if the result is a BP issue leading to an engine failure !

I have been thinking of the BP as the pressure in the exhast AFTER the tubo. But the engine damaging BP would be pressure in the headers and up-pipes BEFORE the turbo. I can see if this pressure got too great the exhaust gases wouldn't get out of the cylinders quick enough and pressure would build inside the engine and blow a head gasket or worse.

Given the inlet and exhaust turbines are running at the same speed, is the exhast BP BEFORE the turbo roughly the same as the boost pressure?

If the Gen2 WW will achieve 43 psi then maybe I NEED to be getting the HD headstuds now!