View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,943 Likes on 1,164 Posts
Mornin' y'all. A little drizzly here this AM, but not tooo cold. I winterized the 5ver I have for sale down in Cleveland yesterday - the consignment place offered to do it for $70, even after I explained it the lines were 90% full of antifreeze already because all I did this season was fill water heater and turn on the kitchen sink... I also have valves to isolate WH and so I can suck antifreeze straight out of the jug. It took me about 5min and less than 1/2 gal of 'pink stuff' to fully winterize it. I'm RICH!!!!!

I may be pulling the engine out of my dually, changing injector cups and a few other things - then putting it back in my Excursion in the next couple weeks. The problem I'm having is there is no budget/time table for building a new engine for the X and in many ways it is a more practical vehicle for me than the F350 right now..... I also have LOTS of time right now. I'm gonna solicit help/company from a couple nearby FTE brothers - so we might as well fire up the grill, drink some beers and call it a GTG.