View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 PM
XbigXredX
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, so for all the replies, here are some answers-

This is a second X for the family, my main X is still a V10 running well (crossed fingers).

This one likely would just get fixed and sold.

I looked up the values on a V8 and V10 on KBB and it doesn't seem as if the value is hurt substantially. Seems the difference between values on equal trucks is roughly $300-$500 overall.

I happen to believe that the V8 over the V10 may actually be a selling point in the current market. Even though the V8 may not save a substantial amount of gas over the V10 many people believe it does just because a V8 is smaller than a V10. And as everyone is so gas conscious at the moment it might actually help.

@neilc88 I wish I could find an eco boost motor, but it is really unlikely.

@1 excursion camper A lightning motor would be pretty damned awesome, but again really unlikely tbh

@crazy001 was winter, snow on the ground, coming uphill, minding my business, tires started to spin, leaned on her a bit, tach hit 3500 and the engine banged and that was all she wrote, spun a bearing. 156k on her.

@kdr358 Have a Triton 5.4 complete with all wiring harness and pcm all ready to go, half the price of the v10 if I could find one. Which for 6 months I haven't been able to do. Not for any reasonable prices anyway.

@1 excursion camper I would do a diesel swap in a hot second if I could find a truck to do it with. I don't even care about the hassle involved I would still do it. But I'd need almost everything and that is all but impossible to find anywhere, so I am sool.