View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
RAY1986F150
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you for the big welcome.

Ive been a member of FTE for a little while now. Ive been a Chevy guy all my life and bought my first Ford last year. Its a 1986 F-150, 302, Speed Density, C6, 9", regular cab, long bed.

So far I have rebuilt the engine, tranny, rear axle, brakes, wheel bearings, fuel system, cooling system, exhaust, a/c, interior and bought XLT interior trim pieces and XLT front grill and bumper. All that's left is paint and to get a better rear bumper and some nice tail light lenses.

I am a mechanical designer draftsman in Tulsa OK. I am from Mt. Washington KY, and went to Bullitt East high school. I am 26, married, one 2 year old and another one on the way. We will be moving back to KY sometime next year when our house sells. We are buying a piece of land somewhere near Taylorsville and will be starting a Permaculture farm. That's what I built this truck for, to use on the farm. Right now its my DD, with 2.75:1 gears, but as soon as it hits the farm its getting a carbed 300 six, 4x4 swap, and 3.50:1 gears. It'll be my first tractor!!