View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by rocketman2440
What bad blood are you talking about Timmy? I also run their raw power pump, and it works great. Their customer service is second to none, always quick to respond, and make the customer happy!
The Raptor does not have the ***** to feed VO to a PSD - scratch it off the list.

I could fill a truck bed with the failed $500 pumps like this one I have seen. They all have inherent flaws and the manufacturers (or copy-cats ) have not figured out how to make one reliable. At that price, he can likely fix it and 'make the customer happy' several times and still make a profit...

My problem is, I can burn 2x the price of the pump in diesel before they can turn my pump around. I gave up and went back to using a stock PSD pump and a FPR. These pumps can be had for $40ea now with a 'lifetime' warranty - and if one does go ****-up while you are on the road, every autoparts in the country can get one the next day if its not already on the shelf. The Airtex brand at parts store is ~$150 and has a one-year warranty, but I have yet to burn one up. My first one went 70k miles before I 'upgraded' to a Raptor, then a FASS (since raptor didn't cut it). After the FASS started crapping out the 2nd time, I got pissed enough to go back to PSD pump. The current Airtex has ~50k miles on it.

CABlake,
I'm sure you can go to a CV system for what you'd spend on that type of pump, a FPHE and the necessary fittings/hardware ya need to change your junk around.

$40 fuel pump
$150ish FPR
$200ish for Dave's PTFE-lined SS braided hoses for the engine and CV's (it can be done cheaper...)
$2.25/ft plus $6/end for TIH
$60 for an aux coolant pump

Plus some $$ for fittings and fabbing up some brackets to mount this stuff on the frame rail - and you're just up to the fuel pump you are considering. This system not only works, it works GOOD!