Old 09-05-2012, 12:25 PM
rayofsi
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiemoney
Can you give me a little more detail on how you said it was a "Very" easy install. I am very interested in this, but a little concerned about how involved the install is. Do I have to cut wires? Splice wires? Or is is simply butting bare wires to bare wires? Thanks in advance...Ed
i got the harness they sell for ford as well.
i took butt connectors and matched the colors on the harness up with the kenwood harness, and crimped them, everything but 1 wire is in this harness.
the steering wheel control wire is in the area next to the shifter, requires removing 1 screw and the upper console trim, took a minute or 2. i cut the wire that went from steering wheel to the sync module, and connected that wire so that steering wheel goes into the new harness.

99% of the work was done indoors, since it was all in the harnesses, (idatalink harness, and kenwood harness)

after that, it is pretty much plug it back in. wished i remembered to take pictures, but it was easier then i expected it to be. if you have factory installed reverse view camera, that takes a bit more work to tap into.