View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 AM
krankshaft
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feeling defeated all over again after reading this thread . I decided to browse Ford's online parts catalog myself determined not to stop until I found this stupid part in a diagram.

I was able to finally find the part number for it!! This fitting is exclusive to the 1995-1997 3.0 Aeros. The 4.0s of the aforementioned model years don't have it the temp sender on the 4.0 is threaded directly into the intake and the lower radiator hose doesn't have a T in it.

Elbow F77Z-18599-AA

Found it at Fordpartsgiant.com

To get to it:

Group : Engine

Subgroup: 3.0L

Part Type: Cylinder Block External Parts

It's diagram number 18599.

Click the get info button to see it in the parts diagram. It's identifiable because the single wire dash coolant temp sensor screws into the top of it.

The part is mis categorized as being part of the cylinder block when in actuality it threads into the intake manifold. It should have been in either the parts diagram with the radiator and coolant hoses or in the intake manifold diagram but it wasn't. Which is why I was never able to find it.

With that part number your dealer should be able to set you up entering that number into E-bay brings up a bunch of sellers selling them as well.

It does feel good to finally have a part number for that elusive part .