Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM
tiqueman97
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL so many times my wife has said that.. "just put it back to stock". Advantage is, part of the deal when I purchased the truck, again new on 06, was that I recieved ALL parts that were taken off. Then the dealer "lost them" so bought me everything brand new in the box. So its all in a couple boxes in the closet.

Its not that it never had or has power, its just how it cuts out, almost like its shutting down, then it tries to kick back in and at that point its too late. And as my other thread states, the worst is when Im at above 45 or 50 and put the pedal down, it just doesnt go. It loads up, gargles, sometimes backfires, has even stalled. This is the issue I want fixed that dealers can not seem to figure out, so with the help of all you brainiac mod guys on here, I hope to not only accomplish it, but advance my knowledge about my SC truck.

As for the plugs, they were changed in mid 2010 w/ the HT0 plugs. Ive put about 25k on the truck since then. I had also changed the fuel filter att hat time and just picked up another today... Anyway, I dont wantt o get off topic and go thru whats in the other thread of mine about it.... back to monitoring

Ill look up how to use this handheld. I hope it can do what you think it can papa. I know nothing about it other than I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he said "oh, Ove got a obd2 scanner, youre welcome to come get it. I was toggling thru the different things and asking him "whats this and that" he had no idea other than using it for basic reading of codes.

I really appreciate your knowledge