Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
bryanknie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
You'll likely be paying for a lot of frustration and "ugly work" that is common when disassembling these trucks, frozen bolts, etc. If he's doing re-assembly then he'll want all new hardware/rubber on the bed, glass, and such, so your costs will include that stuff. That kind of work is much more in the "restoration shop" scope of work than a paint and body shop trying to push jobs through the shop as fast as possible. You're easily in the $10k+ range IMO.
Yes your 10K number is about where I am at, doing new rubber hardware etc. It may go higher as I seem to be adding on more and more work as this shop does mechanical work too....LOL. Painter stated all parts will be at retail cost or less, so I am OK with that. I have had a few estimates and the shop i am picking has great references seems to have all kinds of classics move through there there every week. This shop does not advertise, but all the guys at the local car shows all use him, he is well respected.

Thanks for the opinion guys I felt like I might be overpaying, but I want a nice job.

I have painted a few things myself, my Model A's etc, I have never paid for much work if any on my toys, I guess I have had sticker shock. However I travel extensively for my job and just dont have the time. I turn 50 this year so this is my Birthday present to my self!

Last edited by bryanknie; 06-01-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: updated info