View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Bat-Masterson
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep
couple months ago went from FL to TN twice within a 3 week period and about 1 out of 3 times pulling onto the interstate did what the OP said.
Scares the heck out of you because the only reason I am flooring it is to merge into 75mph traffic.
Took it in mechanic hooked up computer and we took it for a drive did not do it alright cool.
Fast forward to today coming back from TN to FL truck running great, but then when I step on it to pass I can start to feel like I am going over rumble bumps, I am thinking OH OH, then about 10 min later pouring rain traffic heavier the crap, I go to pass the truck starts shaking and lose power engine light blinking get down to 30mph and start limping it down the side of the road, light turns off power comes back, Cool only 100 miles from home.
75 miles from home shaking again when I go to pass and this time my driving habits have change in the last 25 miles trying to stay in the slow lane at 60mph but my luck come up onto a old fart driving 50, could not pass him no power light is blinking.
light stops blinking but stays on I am thinking great now they can pull the code, for the next 75 miles I am the slowest driver out there truck getting get mileage but no power at all I step on it it picks up speed, but very slow, call a friend up ask him to meet me at the dealer to pick up the wife and I.
Locked the keys in the truck and there it sits til I call them in the am.

Funny thing I am sitting over by the repair not in a good mood waiting for our ride and I have every salesman asking if I am there to buy.