View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM
ArtsBest
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CNG IN F-150????

I wondered when this was going to take hold but now that the world over is finally realizing higher gas prices are a "given" with the larger emerging countries, China and India, trading in their scooters for cars will Ford render a factory installed gas/CNG compatible truck as Dodge (Ram 2500) and GM (Silverado/Sierra 2500) are about to? Right now natural gas prices are at 10 yr LOWS, 2.375 MMBtu as I type here. A comparable gallon of CNG would go for about $1/gallon. A home that has a natural gas line feed can even buy a "refueller" that downloads CNG at about a 1 gallon/hour rate. One would not even have to leave their friendly confines to fuel their vehicle. The government has backed off on tax credits allowed to purchase/install one of these devices but I think that will change very quickly. The Obama Administration, from what I read, is going to announce major tax incentives for one to burn CNG or LNG in their vehicles in the very near future. What's not to like here? Except I can't get any quotes from GM nor Chrysler as to HOW MUCH this CNG option from the factory will cost. A very important stat that must be considered before one weighs in on this CNG technology.