Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM
BlackNGoldRules
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phinxter
I think I would just say to heck with replacing the whole line, I would just get a new fitting and flare the end of the old one and make a small piece for the other end with the new fitting and install a rubber hose between the 2 and call it good. Plenty of cars have just hoses, unless your wanting to do a concours resto.

The fluid is always flowing as stated, it needs to because thats the lube circuit.

The fluid level will rise as the temp rises, oils expand with heat, thats why dipsticks have a full cold and full hot mark, not sure if yours has it though.
Yeah, like I mentioned earlier in the thread, that's exactly what I did. Considering how old this truck is, I may just keep it the way it is like you said, as long as it doesn't leak. I may only have this truck another year or so (I think I said that last year too lol), so I'm trying not to put a ton of money into it now if I don't have to.

As far as the dipstick goes, with the engine off and cold, it is up pretty high on the dipstick. I just wanted to make sure that is normal when the engine is off and cold. When running, and warmed up, it's in the crosshatch area. Thanks.