Old 02-28-2012, 11:17 AM
BlackNGoldRules
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to advanced auto parts last night and they had some rubber hose especially made for transmission cooler lines. I had them cut me a piece and it's currently on there right now with two clamps. I haven't seen any leaks from it yet, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it for sure, until I can get another cooler line on there. I wish they would just make the whole line a rubber hose. Dealing with a steel line on a 12 year old truck when trying to remove a radiator is a rough task.

Now, I have a question about the tranny fluid running through that cooler. Does it get pumped up through there as soon as you start the engine or does it wait for the engine to warm up? Just curious because most of the time I was checking for leaks the engine wasn't fully warmed up.

Plus, my tranny fluid is right where it's supposed to be on the dipstick when the engine is warmed up, but when the engine is off and cold the dipstick shows it above the crosshatch a little. Is that normal? Is that just because of all the fluid draining back down into the pan from running through the tranny and cooler lines when the engine is on? Just curious, thanks.