View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,100 Likes on 1,264 Posts
What's also amazing is that it is costing the tax payers of Ashland, of which Kerwin nor DeForest are not residents of. They live outside the city limits.

As far as I am concerned , Kerwin is guilty of Blackmail. He threatened to not only to sue the City and the Gun Club if the lease was renewed but he threatened to sue ever City Councilor that owned a gun, shot at the range, knew someone who shot at the range, etc., etc.. Kerwin and DeForest do not live in the city and they bought into existing conditions.

He and his neighbor are going after Ashland and the gun club primarily on enviornmental grounds because they know that they will never win on the noise issue. There is probably an anti-gun element there as well since the Sierra Club is providing the attorney.

Kerwin claims it is not about the noise but his co-plaintiff says it is about noise. Kerwin bought a piece of a cattle ranch (as I understand it) and built a 19K+ mansion (mansion worth over 2 mil per County Tax Records) and put in grapes. Probably wants to shut the gun club up so he can have undisturbed weddings and catering at his vineyard. He's also taken in almost $200K from SmithKline to experiment with unproven drugs on people for "clinical" trials.

They are "worried" about fish getting led poisening but he sure isn't concerned about any of the problems the alcohol he makes causes or the damage it does. Kerwin doesn't wait until drugs are proven before providing them to "voluntary" patients either.

DeForest moved in from Frisco. She and her "partner" built a 5K+ foot mansion. She's and "artist". I would also suspect that one of them has a financial interest in another piece of the cattle ranch that is up for sale right now in the 7 figure range.

The led left behind has value these days. Most ranges have rules against salvaging led from the berms. The reclamation outfits make a lot of money off of gun ranges and / or former gun ranges.

Kerwin can pack up and go back to where ever it is he came from to start with. DeForest and her shack job can take their flower power back to Frisco and leave us alone. They knew the gun club was there when they bought and built. If they don't like it, sue themselves for stupidity. The Ashland gun club did not invite them here and I can't see where they think they have any selfish, self serving, hypocrytical right to force them to change their ways just because they, "the rich elite" anti-gun folks, have moved to town. They put that much money into the mansions, they should have spent a little extra for sound proofing.