Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - 55 239 Y-Block Restoration Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Postmaster

Harrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud of
Well, I painted the valve covers black before I got into what the original colors actually were. I also painted my water pump black....
Now the oil pan was yellow, notice the color of it as I was pulling it off the frame.
Of course there is the 195 post "How to properly color a Y-Block?" thread
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/29...a-y-block.html
Interesting read with no real consensus. But pictures do show the oil pan yellow. Post #55 has a good factory picture.

My main goal is to just get it working without breaking the bank...If I can keep it close to stock that's great too.

Edit: Just checked out your truck and engine, very nice!! My truck was originally sea sprite green as well, at this point that's what I'm going with. Mine had a aftermarket flatbed on it, so I'm going to keep some sort of flatbed, maybe all wood.....that doesn't make me a darksider does it?