Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM
1986F150six
Lead Driver
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I always enjoy reading you input, Mr. NumberDummy.

Regarding your first paragraph, I doubt there are any paper labels remaining after what appears to be many years exposure to the elements. I do not have with me any of the ones described as what I believe to be from 1957 [and you interjected 1957 & 1959 Ford passenger car/Thunderbird - thanks!]. They are in 3 boxes... I have dozens. However, with me are two others which I display, due to their better condition. From my limited research [pictures off the internet], I believe one is a 1955 [similar to the previous description of 1957] except that the recessed circular area is smaller in diameter and the painted area is red in color. The other one available to me at this time is more like the 1957/1959 in dimensions, but the color is golden. I believe this is 1956. Neither of these two have the paper label and with a careful examination using light and magnifying glass, I find no stencilled numbers anywhere.

By the way, you also "enhanced" my description by changing "chrome" to "stainless steel". I guessed chrome as that is what it appears as and rust is on this area. I realize there are different grades of stainless so perhaps these do rust? Also, a magnet will stick to these hubcaps [again, I realize some stainless will attract a magnet, but others do not]. I am certainly not trying to be argumentative, just forwarding observations.

Regarding paragraph #2... wish I could, but don't have that capability. Thank you for the kind offer!

One additional bit of information: with me are three additional "jewels" found at the same place, years ago. One is an extra of the ones I described as now being on a 1970 P-code sedan. I also have one, smaller in diameter, which I believe was used on Falcons and Rancheros from 1961-1963. It is Aluminum [I believe] with white letters for FORD, as opposed to the argent painted ones. Finally, there is another larger dog dish one from what I believe is 1964-1965 sedan. It has two recessed areas, painted black with non-painted raised FORD letters... this, too, is Aluminum [I believe].

All the ones described as being Aluminum are pristine NOS with no signs of weathering. I looked on the back of these and found no stencilled numbers. Please guide me as to where to look?

Thanks for your continued willingness to share your wealth of knowledge!

P.S. Also, a "thanks" is directed to fabmandelux [forum Moderator] for showing tolerance and allowing this post to remain. We may all learn from the following discussion.

Last edited by 1986F150six; 01-26-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: addition of P.S.