Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
parker245
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

It finally stopped raining and while it hasn't warmed up much, I got out there and pulled that kick panel off to see if I could find the label on the fuse box. It wasn't there!

When I bought this truck, and buddy of mine that lives near said he had a real good friend that was a certified Ford tech at a dealership not far west (30 miles) from us that would treat me right. My buddy has a F150 as well and said that he has all his service work done through this guy. Anyway, I called my buddy and told him that the local dealership wanted $75 to hook up and pull the code down for me. He gave his pal's name and number to me, I called him, told him who I was and who referred me and told him my situation. He said come on out - I was already on the way being just one exit from where he was. After the short drive I pulled into the service bay and he met me at the overhead door, computer and interface cable in hand. Two minutes later I had my code.

I asked him how much I owed him and the only thing he said was the opportunity at some future service work. I told him that he had it all.

Small town competition is da chits! I lived in the cut throat metro area of Houston for twenty five years and NEVER got this kind of service out of Jack Roach Ford. They may not even be there anymore, but it dates myself if they aren't.