Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Senior User

parker245 has a good reputation on FTE.parker245 has a good reputation on FTE.parker245 has a good reputation on FTE.
Drivers Side Door Keyless Entry Code Retrieval

I just bought a new to me, '09 F-150 4X4. It is plush on the inside and didn't have too many miles on it. One thing that was lacking in the owners manual or any other material in the owners package was the code to unlock the doors. The local Ford dealer wants $75 to get the code for me. I was told there was a site one could go in the internet, plug in some information about the vehicle and the code would be displayed. Does anyone know about this? It would be appreciated greatly.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Welcome to FTE! Reps sent to the 'newb'!

Congratulations on the 'new' truck.

You were told wrong.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...-location.html

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 01-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Senior User

parker245 has a good reputation on FTE.parker245 has a good reputation on FTE.parker245 has a good reputation on FTE.
Okay, I assume the passenger side kick panel is on the right side of the floorboard to the front of the door jamb. Now the question begs to be answered is how do I get this panel safely removed and reinstalled?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Yes it is.

Its really easy to remove the panel (it also happens to be where the fuse panel is located, so you might as well figure it out now). But it is plastic, so go easy or you can break the tabs.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
Yes it is.

Its really easy to remove the panel (it also happens to be where the fuse panel is located, so you might as well figure it out now). But it is plastic, so go easy or you can break the tabs.
Thanks! It is cold here as well as rainy. I believe I'll wait for a warmer day with some sunshine out.

Thanks again!!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior User

Update

It finally stopped raining and while it hasn't warmed up much, I got out there and pulled that kick panel off to see if I could find the label on the fuse box. It wasn't there!

When I bought this truck, and buddy of mine that lives near said he had a real good friend that was a certified Ford tech at a dealership not far west (30 miles) from us that would treat me right. My buddy has a F150 as well and said that he has all his service work done through this guy. Anyway, I called my buddy and told him that the local dealership wanted $75 to hook up and pull the code down for me. He gave his pal's name and number to me, I called him, told him who I was and who referred me and told him my situation. He said come on out - I was already on the way being just one exit from where he was. After the short drive I pulled into the service bay and he met me at the overhead door, computer and interface cable in hand. Two minutes later I had my code.

I asked him how much I owed him and the only thing he said was the opportunity at some future service work. I told him that he had it all.

Small town competition is da chits! I lived in the cut throat metro area of Houston for twenty five years and NEVER got this kind of service out of Jack Roach Ford. They may not even be there anymore, but it dates myself if they aren't.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Posting Guru

I'm surprised you didn't see the label (it's on the module and faces the passenger side), but I'm glad you got what you needed.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Junior User

kyfx4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The dealer I purchased mine from did it for no charge. Try them, all they can do is say yes or no. . . .
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Senior User

69_bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
The dealer I bought my 2010 F-150 from gets the code when they run their trades through the service dept and puts it on a sticker on the door jamb. Makes it convenient to set a new code.

'06 F450 crew cab 4x4 Lariat: Traded it for a 2010 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4
'04 Explorer Limited V8
'98 Explorer XLT: Rolled into an early grave
'85 Ford 4610
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Senior User

The dealer I bought it from is a Toyota dealer. I know the owner but they don't have the interface nor the software to do diagnostics on Fords. I bought the truck knowing that I was buying 'as is' with no warranty other than what remains on the original factory warranty. It all worked out in the end though.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
150, 2011, code, dealer, door, enrty, entery, entry, f150, ford, fot, keyless, lock, truck, vehicle