Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Rongold
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question AMBIENT (OUTSIDE) TEMPERATURE SENSOR & HARNESS LOCATION

I'm adding an overhead console to my truck. Luckily, all the wiring necessary is in the connector behind the right kick panel that the console needs, except that there is no outside temperature sensor on the truck for the temp display in the console. Could someone with a 2002-2004 Lariat please take a look at their outside temperature sensor and let me know how it mounts and how the wire harness from it runs and where it connects up with the next harness. The sensor according to my EVTM manual looks like it is located behind the grille on the driver's side of the truck. The harness, according to the manual looks like it runs along the driver's side frame towards the back of the engine compartment, but I can't be sure--one picture of it shows it running along the bottom of the radiator support, so it might be on the passenger side. The connector at the far end of the harness, according to the same EVTM manual is located at the rear of the engine compartment, but there is no picture for the exact location of that connector. The rear of the engine compartment is a big place, and I really do not see any unused connectors there. Any help or pictures would be appreciated.

RON