View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 11:50 AM
countryboy00001
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercon SP Transmission Fluid
Don’t know what type of filters was on this truck prior to me changing them out. I put Wix filters back on internal and external at the time since this was the only thing that anyone had on hand. Since I have owned the truck, yes it does have a tuner and it is the Edge Evolution. I have only put about 15000 miles on this truck since I have owned it. What was done prior I do not know. I did pull the shifting linkage in the steering column yesterday and replaced it since the bushings were worn out. What happened next leads me to believe that it may be the PCM/TCM. After completing the repairs, started the truck and everything tested fine sitting in the driveway. Shut the truck off and went inside and cleaned up, come back out to take the truck for a test drive. Started the truck up and let everything warm up, put the truck into gear and you could hear the rpm change very little however the truck would not move. This is going forward and reverse. After playing around with the truck for a couple hours, everything started working again. During this process, I did get the Truck to show the Code P0751 twice. I have not taken the truck out for a test drive yet, since I don’t know if it is going to leave me stranded.