View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 AM
firemech
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0354 code on 2005 Escape

So it all started 3 weeks ago. Drove the ol' 2005 escape with my wife to dinner. All was running great. Got a call from my wife the next morning and said it is running rough. Run back home and took the reader with me, found active code P0354. So did some research, found that it could be either the spark plug, wiring, coil or the PCM. So I transferred the coil, still had the same problem with the same cylinder #4.
Checked the wiring from the PCM to the coil all OK. Next check was to see what spark plugs were installed, found the original ones and the wrong ones as per the Ford service bulletin. So I installed the new correct spark plugs, put on all new Ford OEM coils since I had the intake off anyway, did that, still had the same miss on the same cylinder. So I ended up taking it to the dealership. I received a call back and the PCM failed, but all of it was covered under warranty. I was also able to get my coils covered since I used OEM Ford ones. So it is nice to see that there are still some good people out there and willing to work with you.