View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Sleepy445FE
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed, the "S" or "T" will be the easiest to locate and cheapest to buy. These intakes are identified this way because aside from there casting number they have a large "S" or "T" cast on them. ex: casting # D4TE 9425 with a big "T" next to it. The "T" is marginally better than the "S".

There's also the C4 casting found on Thunderbirds and other passenger cars of the early to mid 60s (large thermostat housing) and the Edelbrock Performer, which are slightly better than the S or T, but they are harder to find or more money and you wouldn't notice much difference on a stock 360 between either of them and an S or T.

Which brings me to ask if you plan on keeping it a stock 360 or do you have future engine plans? If you plan on rebuilding this at some point and making 350+hp I would go ahead and start looking at aftermarket stuff or try to find a CJ intake. I built mine that way, piece by piece as I could afford it. First a Performer RPM intake, then heads, then a carb (couldn't use it at the time too much cfm), then finally the stroker kit and cam. Then that sat around while I scrounged up the money for machine work. lol This was spread out over 2yrs but eventually I got it done. If you have something like this in mind, it would be good to go ahead and plan out your build and start buying those parts as you can.

And Wulff, we lift heavy things because we're MEN *Tim Allen haugh haugh haugh* lol