Old 11-18-2011, 06:46 PM
bronco Jr.
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck is $1800 but the body is pretty good and has lightning style potential. It also has around 1/4 million miles and is in need of a fresh drivetrain.

The speedo is mechanical.

I have my left over H-pipe with cats from my 2008 mustang gt (I swapped to longtube headers. They'll have to be split anyway because of the design. But once the cats are mated. I'll use what I can to get the mustang Cats to mount to the a fabbed h-pipe on the f150. then on into true dual tails.

I'm actually glad that I've got the 8.8 rear. It's got an open diff with 3.55 right now. Im gonna swap to a posi soon and maybe to a 3.73 or 4.10. There is much more aftermarket support than the 9.75 due to the design changes ford had made to the 9.75 some had a hybrid design and a few other design changes that I can't recall right now. Yes my 08 mustang gt has the 8.8. It is supercharged and around 450 rwhp and the 8.8 is fine even when I'm drag racing and getting a good launch. But anything more would be pushing it.

As for the 4r70w I've tried doing my research and the J-mods can make these trans pretty stout. From what Ive read these trans weak points are the converter and 3-4 shift and 4-3 downshift. The J-mods were posted up somewhere online (TCCOA?) by a ford transmission engineer. Anyway these 4r70w are behind some 10 second 1/4 mile cars with few mods. My trick should be around 4300-4400 lbs. Since the lightning has a 5.4 with blower and the 4r100 bothe which are considerably heavier than a 5.0 coyote and 4r70w combo. My truck shoul only be about 7-800 lbs heavier than my mustang.