View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Walston
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
First off, isn't it cool that a 1960 long bed received this much attention. The truck is beautiful and the more of these that get done will cause more and more aftermarket support for our years.

I noticed some of the same things that have been mentioned: the 5 lug wheels, the non-period seat cover, the gauge bezel should not be chrome, wrong steering wheel for a custom cab, etc.

I don't think this truck was a Custom Cab and they tried to make it one. If it were a Custom Cab, it would have a white steering wheel with a chrome ring horn. The arm rests are from a 61-65 as the correct one's are not reman'd (I did the same thing).

The engine looks great, but I don't think the colors are correct, but in their defense, it is not well documented. I really like the period correct washer fluid bag and I assume it has a hand or foot pump in the cab.

I think the truck needs a rear bumper. Maybe someone will start making one. It was the single hardest part to find when we did our 60. Most farmers took the original bumpers off and installed aftermarket step bumpers with a trailer hitch, so the original one's were lost.

Overall I am impressed with the restoration and frankly I would like to drive it!