View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 AM
AK 440
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At my work they had an '08 F-350 with the same issues as my truck and the injectors were carboned up. Changed the injectors, truck ran great. I also read about a recall on the injectors for the '06. I'm kind of surprised that people even care whether one or all eight injectors get changed out. We are talking under $200 for injectors. To replace one or all eight requires just about the same amount of work. If I paid someone to do the work I'd have said replace all eight while you are in there since the chances are if one went bad another would have gone bad in the near future.

I'm not certain the plugs had much to do with the condition. I don't see how a plug could create an intermittent misfire? All it has to do is spark. An injector has moving parts and if it is not working properly or the spray pattern is messed up, it could easily cause the misfire. I mainly changed the plugs so I wouldn't have to deal with broken plugs years down the road. Plus it only made sense to change them since I was already there and it was way, way easier to do with the injector rail out of the way.

To each their own but my time is worth more to me than the price of all eight injectors. I would have been pissed had I had to go back and change out another one 6 months down the road.