View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
feo_nuts
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 F150 4x4 5.4L Oil Type Questions

Hello everyone.I finally got rid of my ole blue bitch (1988 F150) and bought a "new to me" 2002 F150 4x4 with 125,000from my uncle. I love it! It had the check engine light on for 80,000 miles. He's QUITE the exagerater. WIth all that being said, it was throwing a lean code and the culprit was the FPR. Ok, my truck runs great, has for 3mo, no codes no nothing. The question I have is the reccomended oil is 5w-20. When I changed the oil, this is what I used. I always throw a can of lucas in it for good measures. It seems in the cooler temps, around 50-60 degrees, which ain't even really "Cool" that just on a start up, it seems to tick for a few seconds. Not knock, not clank, just tick. Almost as slight as an air tick, but when the engine warms, it goes away. This tick, only usually last for no longer than a couple of minutes. I was wondering, if it would hurt if I would change to 10w-30 oil if this would help/hurt? I doubt it, but I was just wondering. I would like your insight on all. I don't want debate, just answers and experience. Thank in advance!