View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 PM
beef producer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clunking on 2000 f250 7.3

After dropping the swaybar the noise was still there. We have finally traced the clucking on my 2000 f-250 to the rubber cab to frame mounts. There is one right under your left foot and a total of six in all. Two up front, one on either side where your feet are, and two on the back of the cab.
When the mechanic pulled them off the rubber had been pushed down and bulged out until the two metal pieces were bumping together. That was obvious because the metal has been peened over on the edges and was shiny.
Problem solved right? Not quite !!!! Ford says the number off my mount is actually for a f-550. NOT SO! I have two friends with similar trucks and the mount is the same on all 3. No big deal I'm not going to argue just send me a pair of f-550 mounts - right? Not so easy - Ford doesn't stock those mounts. They have to order them from the manufacturer. Now they say they say they can't get them.
As many entries as I see on this forum about clunking there must be some solution out there. I have seen aftermarket urethane mounts - is that the solution?