View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:39 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
I agree with the other posters...probably best to make the truck street legal...you can have it lifted...but...there are rules. As you said...your BF is a mechanic and "can of course lower the truck".
I've lived in this state all my life...the last 28 years in the car business...and...I honestly don't know of any inspection station that will risk putting a sticker on your BF's truck. Inspection stations are constantly being monitored by the DMV/RMV...stickers are tied to that station/inspector...penalties are swift and severe. I personally wouldn't be comfortable asking someone to risk their livelihood in a situation like this.

I also think your response to shorebird was over the top...and...uncalled for!!!
Originally Posted by WhëëlMå1
Talk about biting the hand that feeds... you ask a question, and when you dont like the answer, you bag on it? Really? You must be relatively young to be asking something like this. The inspection station system was revamped pretty heavily about 10 years ago, with numerous stations simply closing because they could not meet the new regulations (which also included forced closings by the regulatory bodies... my local shop was one who would pass a truck like you say... and he didnt make it).

You want answers? You will get them. You don't like them? Thats on you.
Very well said on both accounts and reps sent to both.