Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 04:25 AM
chrissybits chrissybits is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 20
chrissybits is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need MA inspection sticker! HELP!!

Hello There!!!

So i'm trying to help my boyfriend track down a place in Massachusetts to get his truck inspected and actually successfully walk away with a sticker. We flew out to Michigan about a month ago to pick up a 1996 Ford F350 7.3L Diesel Truck and drove it back. His truck has 38" tires on it with another 10" of lift...Needless to see it's quite difficult for me to get in it!!

Anywho, I figured I would see if any of you experts could help me find a place to go get it inspected. We are well aware of the lift laws, but figured maybe there was a nice "friendly" inspection station around that could help us out. I believe he is going to swap out the tires for the inspection to 35" but still, it's a bit large to pull in to any diesel station.

I didn't know if anyone could point me in the right direction, no matter where it is in the state. A PM, e-mail, anything would be wonderful.

Thank you all so much for your assistance!!!!



PS-I love my Edge
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 AM
shorebird's Avatar
shorebird shorebird is offline
Wage Slave
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Long Beach, Ms.
Posts: 11,511
shorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputationshorebird has a superb reputation
Let's get this straight; Your boyfriend knowingly bought a truck that is out of compliance with the state law.
Now you want someone here to help him find a inspection station that will risk its' business license and fines to issue a sticker to a vehicle that is out of compliance?

From the FTE Terms of Use;
You are strictly prohibited from posting or transmitting any .......material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
__________________
2001 E-350SD V10 Triton 3.73LS, ROTW 01/02/10
2008 F-150 FX2 Sport 5.4L 3.73LS Scab 145" Wb; '07 Taurus SEL

Bryan L. Unique Collision Center Towing & Wreck Recovery Specialist
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets you.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 AM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 18,992
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
My recommendation would be to make the truck street legal in Mass.
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 06:53 AM
D8chumley's Avatar
D8chumley D8chumley is offline
Resident smarta$$
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oaks,PA
Posts: 4,441
D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
My recommendation would be to make the truck street legal in Mass.
Agreed, if he wants to drive it on the street. And- you will be able to get into it
__________________
~ Tim ~
If you can't stand behind our Military, feel free to stand in front of them!
'10 F150 XLT 4X4 CC shortbed 5.4 *5 Star tuned* No Bailout Edition , 07 Road King Classic
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
chrissybits chrissybits is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 20
chrissybits is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebird View Post
Now you want someone here to help him find a inspection station that will risk its' business license and fines to issue a sticker to a vehicle that is out of compliance?
Okay, let's back off a step or two chief. You didn't have to stand on your soapbox and get all high and mighty on me. If you want to preach the rule book to me, go ahead and tattle to the Forum Administrators and tell that I'm asking for illegal information (OH NO!) As if there aren't thousands of other vehicles in this state that are illegally lifted.

Listen, I know what you must be thinking...just another jackass meathead with a big truck...He bought the truck because the body was in pristine condition, not because of the massive lift. He is a mechanic and can of course lower the vehicle, but we see them driving around where we live all the time with INSPECTION STICKERS. clearly these people went somewhere to get their sticker, so I was kindly asking for suggestions. I was on another forum and saw people discussing it, so I figured I would ask here.

Let's not all sit here and pretend that inspection stations don't sometimes overlook things...if you don't want to risk your license, that's fine...doesn't mean someone else won't.

For the other two that kindly posted responses, thank you. At least you didn't come at me like a hall monitor on a power trip.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM
BIGKEN's Avatar
BIGKEN BIGKEN is offline
So Little To Say!!!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greenfield, MA
Posts: 58,938
BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I agree with the other posters...probably best to make the truck street legal...you can have it lifted...but...there are rules. As you said...your BF is a mechanic and "can of course lower the truck".
I've lived in this state all my life...the last 28 years in the car business...and...I honestly don't know of any inspection station that will risk putting a sticker on your BF's truck. Inspection stations are constantly being monitored by the DMV/RMV...stickers are tied to that station/inspector...penalties are swift and severe. I personally wouldn't be comfortable asking someone to risk their livelihood in a situation like this.

I also think your response to shorebird was over the top...and...uncalled for!!!
__________________
Member of the Massachusetts Chapter and Number One Winter Hater!!!


Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM
WhlM1's Avatar
WhlM1 WhlM1 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 8,392
WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
If it helps, the bottom rocker panels need to be no more than 28" from the road... I had to pull a full 6" of lift out of a truck that I procured under similar scenarios. Good luck!
__________________
Rich
FTE Guidelines
Support American Manufacturing!
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 PM
WhlM1's Avatar
WhlM1 WhlM1 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 8,392
WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybits View Post
Okay, let's back off a step or two chief. You didn't have to stand on your soapbox and get all high and mighty on me. If you want to preach the rule book to me, go ahead and tattle to the Forum Administrators and tell that I'm asking for illegal information (OH NO!) As if there aren't thousands of other vehicles in this state that are illegally lifted.

Listen, I know what you must be thinking...just another jackass meathead with a big truck...He bought the truck because the body was in pristine condition, not because of the massive lift. He is a mechanic and can of course lower the vehicle, but we see them driving around where we live all the time with INSPECTION STICKERS. clearly these people went somewhere to get their sticker, so I was kindly asking for suggestions. I was on another forum and saw people discussing it, so I figured I would ask here.

Let's not all sit here and pretend that inspection stations don't sometimes overlook things...if you don't want to risk your license, that's fine...doesn't mean someone else won't.

For the other two that kindly posted responses, thank you. At least you didn't come at me like a hall monitor on a power trip.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds... you ask a question, and when you dont like the answer, you bag on it? Really? You must be relatively young to be asking something like this. The inspection station system was revamped pretty heavily about 10 years ago, with numerous stations simply closing because they could not meet the new regulations (which also included forced closings by the regulatory bodies... my local shop was one who would pass a truck like you say... and he didnt make it).

You want answers? You will get them. You don't like them? Thats on you.
__________________
Rich
FTE Guidelines
Support American Manufacturing!
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 04:39 PM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 18,992
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
I agree with the other posters...probably best to make the truck street legal...you can have it lifted...but...there are rules. As you said...your BF is a mechanic and "can of course lower the truck".
I've lived in this state all my life...the last 28 years in the car business...and...I honestly don't know of any inspection station that will risk putting a sticker on your BF's truck. Inspection stations are constantly being monitored by the DMV/RMV...stickers are tied to that station/inspector...penalties are swift and severe. I personally wouldn't be comfortable asking someone to risk their livelihood in a situation like this.

I also think your response to shorebird was over the top...and...uncalled for!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhlM1 View Post
Talk about biting the hand that feeds... you ask a question, and when you dont like the answer, you bag on it? Really? You must be relatively young to be asking something like this. The inspection station system was revamped pretty heavily about 10 years ago, with numerous stations simply closing because they could not meet the new regulations (which also included forced closings by the regulatory bodies... my local shop was one who would pass a truck like you say... and he didnt make it).

You want answers? You will get them. You don't like them? Thats on you.
Very well said on both accounts and reps sent to both.
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 04:48 PM
ToMang07's Avatar
ToMang07 ToMang07 is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,653
ToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud of
ToMang07
__________
__________________
~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, PHP Phoenix-(STK-80dd-100P-120R-65T-40T) 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, Fisher 8' MM2. Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203* TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing...~AE w/Ford Pack~
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 PM
chrissybits chrissybits is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 20
chrissybits is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know, I was informed before I posted on this forum that the people on this site could be somewhat rigid. My problem is not with the answer...It's the way the answer was delivered. I realize there very well might not be a station out there that will inspect the truck. It's not like we are going to cry and stamp our feet about it. He clearly took that risk when he purchased the vehicle. My issue is with someone, who isn't even a registered member for Massachusetts, spouting there feelings. I came to this forum for direct answers, regardless of what they may be. I did not come for someone to preach to me about their opinions- I merely came for facts. If you don't agree with my question, that's fine...we are all entitled to our opinions. However, when I come looking for factual information I don't want some snippy comment delivered back.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 05:37 PM
chrissybits chrissybits is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 20
chrissybits is starting off with a positive reputation.
Clearly I am "too young" to handle this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 06:08 PM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 18,992
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybits View Post
You know, I was informed before I posted on this forum that the people on this site could be somewhat rigid. My problem is not with the answer...It's the way the answer was delivered. I realize there very well might not be a station out there that will inspect the truck. It's not like we are going to cry and stamp our feet about it. He clearly took that risk when he purchased the vehicle. My issue is with someone, who isn't even a registered member for Massachusetts, spouting there feelings. I came to this forum for direct answers, regardless of what they may be. I did not come for someone to preach to me about their opinions- I merely came for facts. If you don't agree with my question, that's fine...we are all entitled to our opinions. However, when I come looking for factual information I don't want some snippy comment delivered back.
May I suggest you try and find a local 4x4 club, off road club or Ford truck chapter to assist you in your quest for an inspection sticker. They would know better than we would anyway.

The majority of us active posters love this this site and will not subscribe to any possible liabilities that may come back on Internet Brands. I'm very certain that Shorebird did not intend come come across snippy and I didn't take it that way. I think he and the rest of the posters have told you what you need to hear.

Please don't be offended. If telling the truth makes us rigid, then we are guilty as charged.
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 06:08 PM
BIGKEN's Avatar
BIGKEN BIGKEN is offline
So Little To Say!!!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greenfield, MA
Posts: 58,938
BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
No you're not too young...and...you didn't post it in the Massachusetts Chapter. Perhaps if you try there you might find someone who can help you.
__________________
Member of the Massachusetts Chapter and Number One Winter Hater!!!


Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM
raytasch's Avatar
raytasch raytasch is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S.E. TN
Posts: 3,432
raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Stop one of those big old jacked up illegal truck that has a sticker and ask the owner how he obtained the sticker.
__________________
1949 F-4 script stake bed with a bit of modernization. Built to drive / Stock rebuilt 1956 F350 DRW Ford script stake bed / / 2007 F150 super cab

Why is the word "Illegal" so hard to understand! Are we still a nation of laws?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter

Tags
1994, diesel, f250, ford, forum, inspection, inspections, lifted, ma, make, massachusetts, ny, place, state, sticker

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup