View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Afternoon gentlemen. Come back into the depot yesterday afternoon to tie-up for the day (fax-in my time-sheet & other paperwork). Sitting in the depot was two FRA inspectors; not really sure how they got in since we keep the building locked when we're not there...but I figure their badges will take them anywhere they want to go on a railroad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared of them...but like dealing with the IRS or any other Federal entity you don't really feel comfortable around them...or at least I never do. Anyway, one (mid-50's in age lady) was training this gentlemen that apparently was a new hire. She starts asking questions that I wasn't quite sure what she was asking...using those fancy congress-written terms. One of the questions she was asking was related to how we fill out our time-sheets. In a nutshell, from what she tells me and/or asks she's already discussed this issue with our Asst. General Manger in the past and he hasn't reacted to it. The comment that I found funny was, "he just doesn't understand that I'm right".
Originally Posted by Will P.
I don't care for the hot weather but is sure makes things more interesting at the power plant! We gotta keep those meters fed!
And I bet it's only going to become more important as the summer goes on. Hopefully AP&L/Entergy will burn the snot out of coal at Newport