Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
June Chat/All Topic Thread

Well. Another month down. I'm stuck in a simulator. It's like one long day. Anyone ever drive in west Texas? It's like that in slow motion with moments of excitement. AND to top it off, it was 121 degrees for the last day of May. w00t! w00t! Can't wait 'til August.

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Yep, another month come and gone.
I suppose 121 is a little warmer than it gets around here, but the forecast is for upper 90s the rest of the week Looks like summer is here folks and it's gonna be a hot one!

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Morning gentlemen. I guess with it being this warm, I can go ahead and put my insulated bibs & Carhart's up for the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Weather guessers are calling for upper 90s here for the next 3 days, think we're gonna have misery here too
Yeah, I won't be missing Southern Arkansas' heat & humidity. There's something about the Ouathitas that helps break some of that up before it gets to FSM. Or at least I let my mind convince me of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudder460 View Post
HAHA, you guys call that hot. It has been at 120º for the past few days here and it is still climbing!
I think he's taunting us from over there in the sandbox
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Internet Brands

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Top of the morning to everyone, I was not all together yesterday found all my ducks and got them in a row ..but much better today.
Have a great Thursday
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Senior User

Will P. is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't care for the hot weather but is sure makes things more interesting at the power plant! We gotta keep those meters fed!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Tim, are you aware of the site issues with Windows Phone? The forum loads and then reloads a blank page..

I really miss being able to check the site on the go.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 06-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Afternoon gentlemen. Come back into the depot yesterday afternoon to tie-up for the day (fax-in my time-sheet & other paperwork). Sitting in the depot was two FRA inspectors; not really sure how they got in since we keep the building locked when we're not there...but I figure their badges will take them anywhere they want to go on a railroad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared of them...but like dealing with the IRS or any other Federal entity you don't really feel comfortable around them...or at least I never do. Anyway, one (mid-50's in age lady) was training this gentlemen that apparently was a new hire. She starts asking questions that I wasn't quite sure what she was asking...using those fancy congress-written terms. One of the questions she was asking was related to how we fill out our time-sheets. In a nutshell, from what she tells me and/or asks she's already discussed this issue with our Asst. General Manger in the past and he hasn't reacted to it. The comment that I found funny was, "he just doesn't understand that I'm right".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P. View Post
I don't care for the hot weather but is sure makes things more interesting at the power plant! We gotta keep those meters fed!
And I bet it's only going to become more important as the summer goes on. Hopefully AP&L/Entergy will burn the snot out of coal at Newport
Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Internet Brands

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Afternoon all
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Senior User

jgoodman6891 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Found a 1979 F350 4x4 today. If it had a 4spd in it, I would have blown a load. Anyway, 351m/400, C6, NP205, looks like a 60 rear but it had duals. Front really looked like a 60 since it seemed a good bit bigger than the 44 under my 77 f250. Front Sway bar, flat bed, non-A/C cab but I think it had an underdash deal. The cab/front clip has the full upper & lower race track trim on it. The only down side is I think my F250 has a higher gross rating. the 350 says 8550lbs & I think my 250 is at 8600 or something.

Finding a truck like that with what appeared to be a good frame (133" wb) is making me think twice about using a Deuce & half frame to build a truck.

I did learn that from the steer axle to #2 is 130" & there is 48" between #2 & #3 on a deuce.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Postmaster

A well funded & trained force....

YouTube - ‪Libyan Rebels = Al-Qaida = Stupid Rats !‬‏
Old 06-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Internet Brands

Good Morning.
Happy Saturday

Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Postmaster

One of the more interesting things you might stumble across while waiting on the dryer to catch up....

Plane that landed in Hudson heads to NC museum - US news - msnbc.com
Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 AM

Closed Thread