View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Gary F-250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that after all that I have read that I need to rephrase my question. I have had had analog gauges and am not opposed to having them again. I should have inquired about mechanical versus electrical. If the difference between digital and analog is personal preference, then what about the accuracy of the mechanical versus electrical. Some have already answered this as well stating that there is not much difference, but just to be clear is there an big enough accurace difference where mechanical is more accurate that electrical?

Another question would be reagrding the degree of difficulty with installation. Having read installation instructions for electrical monitors, it sounds pretty easy, just unplugging a few clamps and plugging in the monitor. I am aware that I will have to drill for the EGT and there should be an spot for the tranny temp, but what about boost, oil temp, fuel pressure, etc? I have plenty of experience with the wiring aspect and I think that I can handle drilling and tapping the exhaust. What about the rest?

Final question. Greg and Travis have stated that they prefer ISSPRO. The EV2 are alittle more than I wanted to spend. Are the performax good enough?