View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:52 AM
4 flat tires
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wayne U
i pulled out the spout and it runs the same. set the timing with the spout out and it all of a suden idels perfectly. of course i got excited and took it for a drive and it had no power to accelerate but no longer missfiring at all hardly. it apears on my system pulling the spout makes no difference so there must be a bad wire some where or mabe the ignition module on the distributor? i cant find any bad wires but could it possibly be the ign module?
the spout gives electronic timing advance to the distributor... short for spark out... thats why you didnt have power when driving with it out. the tfi module on the distributor does have a tendency to fail, but my experience is that it just shut off and wouldnt fire. and if it did was random at best... didnt cause idle issues. i'm still leaning towards vacuum leaks... there are alot of lines that are hidden in wire looms and such. a thing to check as well is the fuel vapor lines between the charcoal can, tank, and intake. there is a valve that controls flow in the engine compartment.