View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:59 AM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Succeeding means doing what you gotta do, and that may not match how you would like to do it. Your available funding will cut your marching orders. Run the numbers, then decide.

our relatives have truck repair shops and tow trucks.and motels.and food places.
Well, building motors with no money is difficult, so which relative will haul your fifth wheel for some sort of deal? You got a haul quote, so if you HAVE to go then that means "sell something you don't want to sell like it or not" and get the loot to pay to haul the fifth wheel.

Trailer is survival because you'll live in it. F350 isn't survival, and is dead. What would it scrap for where you are and how much closer would that get you to your goal?

Money is money. I'll smash anything in a heartbeat to turn a buck and smile while doing it.

This might be useful:
A Ranger, if it's a six-cylinder in decent shape is capable of taking the Volkswagen on a tow dolly which is much lighter than a flat trailer. It'll be slow in the mountains of course. A Ranger is plenty to take care of business at your destination until you can find another larger truck.

i have to take life seriusely because i have been taking care of my handicapped wife for 32 years and i am 2 years from being in a wheelchair myself .
You had that long to learn better than wasting effort on anything that wasn't a moneymaker, and save/scrap/swap enough to buy the right truck long before needing it. If the way you've been doing vehicles was smart you wouldn't be in a bind right now.

That bind is life (not me, life) telling you to make adult choices since you are caring for another person.