View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Bergerson
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry DP Tuner and HID'S

I have had a major problem of the engine stalling or dieing every time i would turn on my HID's with the DP Tuner installed, truck would not miss a beat with the DP uninstalled.

I have 5 pairs of HID's installed, headlights (hi and low beam), 6- 6" Hid's in the bumper and now 2 6" backup lights and have tried all of the myths!! relays,grounds,passenger side battery, relocating ballasts, short heavy gauge grounds, heavy gauge power wire ect.ect... I learned to live with it and turn on my headlight before i start the truck.. (most of the time) big pain in the *** when you hit your hi beams and the truck dies and i would have to put it in neutral and restart while driving down the road. until today when i wired in two 6" Hid backup lights and tied them in so they come on when i put the truck in reverse, well guess what.. the truck died every time i put it in reverse.. It is the RF that is interfering with the unshielded ends of the F-5 cable allowing a large amount of RF to interfere with the PCM and IDM and killing the engine. I took the F-5 cable and installed 2 Ferrite beads on it right before it entered the PCM. Guess what? no more stalling. no ck engine light, no water in fuel light, no more anything. I can turn on all 5 pairs of lights at the same time with the truck running and not even 1 hickup at all. the Ferrite beads that i used are like these ones:

FERRITE SPLIT BEAD, 7MM I.D. | AllElectronics.com

I have read several threads on this proble on several forums and have never heard of a absolute fix.. This works 100%.

The added backup light is unreal from the Hid's

Looking at backup camera before:

And After: