Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Nebraska pumpkin smashing October BS thread! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/997204-nebraska-pumpkin-smashing-october-bs-thread.html)

67nukeford 10-01-2010 07:48 AM

Nebraska pumpkin smashing October BS thread!

Hey everyone, welcome to October! Put on your costume, and let the fun begin!!!:-jammin

wildstang 10-01-2010 07:52 AM

Good morning Nebraska and Pat. I wear my costume every day.:-X04

67nukeford 10-01-2010 08:14 AM

Morning Jim, how's Friday treating you, bud?

cowboywanabe 10-01-2010 08:18 AM

Howdy howdy... It's Friday, it's October 1st, life is good!

scottzj 10-01-2010 08:18 AM

TGIF Pat!
Morning to ya mate!

67nukeford 10-01-2010 08:21 AM

Morning Rob, Scott. How goes it today boys? Rob, did you start the October thread in SD yet? Don't make me do it!!LOL!

cowboywanabe 10-01-2010 08:27 AM

I didn't realize it was October 1st until I came over here...

The super-spectacular-fantasmical-South-Dakota-October-BS-Thread is now posted!!! :D

67nukeford 10-01-2010 08:32 AM

Sheesh, about time!LOL!

Hey, new member today.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post9389586

tiny1 10-01-2010 09:12 AM

Morning 'Braska peeps and her visitors :)

cowboywanabe 10-01-2010 09:20 AM

Insurance company rant:

Got a rock chip on the hood of the wife's car... the paint started peeling, so I took it to the dealer since the car is still under the 36K bumper-to-bumper warranty. They told me it wasn't a warranty issue since it appeared it was not factory paint. We bought the car used, so who knows what happened before we had it.

Called my insurance company, told them what the body shop told me. They said no problem, it's covered. Opened a claim, got a call from the regional office and they told me to get the car fixed. Car is in the shop yesterday/today, being fixed. Now, some snot from the claims office calls me and tells me they can't honor my claim because the paint is peeling due to a prior repaint. I said "then why did you tell me to get my car fixed?". They said they still haven't got an estimate from the body shop... I said "then why did you tell me to get my car fixed?"...

Do I hear and echo??? What complete idiots!!! I just chewed my agent out now... I told him I am not paying a $700 body shop bill after they told me to get my car fixed.

Is this a new way insurance companies get out of stuff???? I think this might be the final time I fight with State Farm, after 27 years, it's time to move on.

wildstang 10-01-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 9389539)
Morning Jim, how's Friday treating you, bud?

Good so far. Staying dry inside. How are things there?

That sucks Rob. Can't trust them, one will say one thing and the next will say something completely different. Probably didn't get an email from them telling you that either.

tiny1 10-01-2010 09:32 AM

That sucks Rob and hopefully it gets resolved.

fordnut forever 10-01-2010 10:08 AM

Morning all, that just sucks Rob,get on them,well, we got official notice yesterday that all's well with our cleanup so maybe they will leave us alone for a bit,lol

cowboywanabe 10-01-2010 10:24 AM

Well, my blood pressure is coming back down to normal levels... My agent got it straightened out, and I got an apology from the claims office. The repair is covered. They said that in the future, flaking paint due to poor workmanship is not covered. It didn't start flaking until we got that rock chip...

I asked them if they are now requiring that I only buy a brand new car???? How would you know if a car had bad paint??? There was no obvious repair work on the car, it drives fine, doesn't wear tires funny or anything...

I think I was the victim of an over-zealous claims rep trying to earn brownie points for saving the company money.

cowboywanabe 10-01-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by fordnut forever (Post 9389942)
Morning all, that just sucks Rob,get on them,well, we got official notice yesterday that all's well with our cleanup so maybe they will leave us alone for a bit,lol

That's good to hear Randy!