Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   67 gallon titan fuel tank (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/991096-67-gallon-titan-fuel-tank.html)

03silverTJ 09-11-2010 12:34 PM

67 gallon titan fuel tank

Just wanted to give those of you who frequent the 6.4 forum most often a heads up. I posted a thread regarding installation and my thoughts on the titan 67 gallon tank I recently purchased.

Thread can be found here.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...fuel-tank.html

Kyle...

ChargersFanInCO 09-13-2010 08:00 PM

I'd break it on some of the roads I drive. It hangs down too low.

03silverTJ 09-14-2010 04:53 AM

It definitely isn't for everyone, and if I used my truck in the woods I probably wouldn't have gotten it either. My truck is primarily used on the road, and maybe, just maybe a dirt road every once and a while to get to some trails for the jeep or dune buggy.

senix 09-14-2010 05:15 AM

Yeah I have followed the thread. It does hang low. But if you went with the 60 Gal one I wonder if it will still hang lower than the stock one or just longer?

ChargersFanInCO 09-14-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 03silverTJ (Post 9327215)
It definitely isn't for everyone, and if I used my truck in the woods I probably wouldn't have gotten it either. My truck is primarily used on the road, and maybe, just maybe a dirt road every once and a while to get to some trails for the jeep or dune buggy.

The angle of approach on some of the goat trails people build new houses on out here is what would get me...Not the stumps and rocks so much. They want to live like a recluse, but with central air, running water, and electricity...

03silverTJ 09-15-2010 03:27 AM

I don't know how much lower the 60 would be over stock, but the 67 I would say is about 4" or so lower, and about 8ft long. It really is massive!

ChargersFanInCo
If your considering one maybe an in the bed tank?

R-T0r21on 09-15-2010 06:52 AM

I have the 60 gal Titan tank. When I 1st ordered it, they sent me the wrong tank (67 gal.). The only difference between the 60 gal, and the 67 gal tank is the length. They do hang about 4" lower than OEM tanks.

senix 09-15-2010 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by R-T0r21on (Post 9331071)
I have the 60 gal Titan tank. When I 1st ordered it, they sent me the wrong tank (67 gal.). The only difference between the 60 gal, and the 67 gal tank is the length. They do hang about 4" lower than OEM tanks.

Well that solves that question. I need the clearance so will have to look else where if I decide to upgrade from the stock.

ChargersFanInCO 09-15-2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 03silverTJ (Post 9330889)
I don't know how much lower the 60 would be over stock, but the 67 I would say is about 4" or so lower, and about 8ft long. It really is massive!

ChargersFanInCo
If your considering one maybe an in the bed tank?

I've considered it, but I use my entire bed...I don't even have a toolbox in this one.

grende7581 03-13-2011 12:12 AM

03silverTJ,

I was curious about your Titan tank upgrade.

I am assuming the factory fuel pump/fuel gauge sending unit are used in the system. How accurate is gauge and the computer (miles until empty) with the Titan tank?

What other tanks did you look at and why did you go with Titan?

Do you recommend the shield, since the tank sits lower?

Thanks
I have an '08 X-Cab

StanleyZ 03-13-2011 10:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by senix (Post 9327231)
Yeah I have followed the thread. It does hang low. But if you went with the 60 Gal one I wonder if it will still hang lower than the stock one or just longer?

Here's the 60 on my LWB 2WD. Would be higher on a 4WD.

pbeering 03-13-2011 08:07 PM

See embedded answers

Originally Posted by grende7581 (Post 10087604)
03silverTJ,

I was curious about your Titan tank upgrade.

I am assuming the factory fuel pump/fuel gauge sending unit are used in the system. How accurate is gauge and the computer (miles until empty) with the Titan tank?

Yes, pump, fuel lines, etc are used.

Tank reads full until you get to original fuel quantity, then it reads normally. Miles to empty no longer works, since our friends in Dearborn have not enabled change tank size on the PCM, at least as of 2010 models

What other tanks did you look at and why did you go with Titan?
Just Titan. No rust issues with plastic

Do you recommend the shield, since the tank sits lower?
We replaced the Ford metal shield with Titan's plastic one and are very pleased.

I have a Titan installed on the 08 in my avatar and have had no issues. I would buy another tomorrow. Their customer service is fabulous. I spoke with one of their senior folks at The National Truck Equipment (NTEA) show in Indianapolis last week, and he knew the idiosyncrasies of most trucks on the floor. Very impressive company.

If you buy this tank, plan to wipe it out with a damp rag, buy a ford fuel line tool, and recruit a helper.

Thanks
I have an '08 X-Cab

cheezit 03-14-2011 06:34 PM

hmmm I just got done about 3 weeks ago droping ina 91 gallon tank :)

jgilrfr 04-22-2011 02:02 AM

tank

did you mount a 91 gallon tank under the truck or in the bed?

cheezit 04-22-2011 05:23 PM

its in the bed theres a link to the exact tank I used in this thread. I finally got the pics off my phone and will upload them soon.