Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   12 volt power point (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/985527-12-volt-power-point.html)

skylinekw 08-23-2010 06:45 PM

12 volt power point

Did anybody else see the 12 volt power point under the rear seat on the crew cab?

Rafiki2cu 08-23-2010 06:52 PM

No, never new I had one there.

my996duc1 08-23-2010 07:04 PM

yeah, and also inside the center console... kinda nice if you want to leave something charging but don't want to advertise what you are leaving in your car for someone to steal.

FORDTUF1 08-23-2010 07:43 PM

Yeah, saw that and a bunch more. Here's the only thing I didn't know before buying; the center console with 4 cup holders and A/C, after you lift out the two sections with 2 holders each, there is another flat panel to lift out and there is a canyon of a pocket in there with two molds that can hold the gigantic liter size cups.

BTyner41 08-23-2010 07:47 PM

SWEEEEET!:-bigparty

ruschejj 08-23-2010 08:28 PM

Yeah, power points are awesome. The inverter charges my Makita Li-ion batts too. Did not know about the hidden cup holders, very cool. How about the weather radar on the Nav screen? Crazy cool...

EpicCowlick 08-23-2010 10:51 PM

This is hilarious. Just like my first 3 hours in the truck. Every other word was, "Cool!" or "Sweet!", or "Awesome!".

skylinekw 08-24-2010 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by ruschejj (Post 9251713)
Yeah, power points are awesome. The inverter charges my Makita Li-ion batts too. Did not know about the hidden cup holders, very cool. How about the weather radar on the Nav screen? Crazy cool...

I Haven't seen the weather radar yet, I'll have to look for it today.

skylinekw 08-24-2010 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ruschejj (Post 9251713)

How do you pull up the weather radar on the screen?

ruschejj 08-24-2010 01:11 PM

Hit the "i" button. Then your menu will have first: "Where am I" and this is what comes up automatically. On the left of the screen you will see a button called "sirius travel link". When you press that on the touch screen down and to the right you will see a button called "weather"

I assume you have the Nav screen and that Sirius is activated in your truck.

throwdown 01-25-2013 09:34 AM

I tried this and got a interrupt that says I don't have an active sirius account....untrue. I called sirius and they assured me that I do have a functioning account (I'm listening to the radio), and that it has to be enabled by the dealer.
Called the dealer I usually go to and he blamed another dealer who did a PCM flash and said that to fix it would not be covered by warranty. I called the other dealer and they had never heard of Travel Links or weather maps.
I am waiting to hear from them both as they look into it.
Not very encouraging to say the least

ruschejj 01-25-2013 02:58 PM

Sirius travel link is an additional service plan.

You have music, news.
Then you can add travel link
Another add on is traffic.

So, there are three subscription levels, the last two require the nav unit. I think the weather option is $5/month US. Worth every penny for the way I use my truck.

throwdown 01-25-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by ruschejj (Post 12757342)
Sirius travel link is an additional service plan.

You have music, news.
Then you can add travel link
Another add on is traffic.

So, there are three subscription levels, the last two require the nav unit. I think the weather option is $5/month US. Worth every penny for the way I use my truck.

Everything is included in my plan.........BUT..........I found out that it is not offered in Canada. If they were able to release it I would be able to get it.
My truck is a US truck and has the function in the Nav unit, but nothing falls from the sky. They said maybe by October this year.
Thanks for the reply though.

ruschejj 01-25-2013 04:47 PM

Roger that. I had no idea it wasn't offered up there. Good luck.

messinma 01-25-2013 04:49 PM

I did find that one and since it is always hot use it for my solar charger. Mounted to rear glass with Velcro behind drivers side passenger head rest. Sure helps with the vampire drain when I leave the truck parked for long offshore jobs.