Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   Official NCFTE motorbike club!? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/952849-official-ncfte-motorbike-club.html)

Front Runner 01-03-2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ncheavymetal (Post 11130902)
After the holidays we'll try to get all the FTE motorbikers together for some grub and to talk trucks and bikes.

Took this last week on my way back from Wendell. Maybe some of yall recognize the place. :D

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=246421&.jpg

Very nice ride NCHM.

I'm a rider also and this is my ride:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/DSC00800.jpg

wp120470 01-04-2012 05:59 AM

That bike is sweet. Wow, it looks like its going 100mph when its sitting still. Nice bike. If we ever get the chance to ride together you guys are gonna let the old iron catch up aren't ya.:-drink

wp120470 01-04-2012 06:09 AM

O.K. guys and gals. We have to start filling in the location on our settings so we can all get together this spring and meet up. Several of us are waitng on the opportunity. If we start trying to find a central location this early it will give us plenty of time to plan ahead. Lets start hearing some ideas. I rode up to Morrow Mountain last year and what a nice ride it was. Ride up to the top of the park and the view is stunning. Awesome ride. So lets all plan something.:-X22

ncheavymetal 01-04-2012 07:39 AM

Nice connie front runner. Looks well set up for touring.

I'm thinking something in the next few weeks. Just a meet and eat of some sort. Ride in, ride out. Or work on a short group ride.

Then a larger gathering this spring with a destination in mind.

Let me check the calendar and work on a date for something soon.

wp120470 01-06-2012 07:16 AM

Sat. Jan. 7 supposed to be 64 degrees and partly sunny. Anyone riding after lunch? I got in 150 miles on New Years Day. Gonna go somewhere just haven't gave much thought as to where. Got a friend that we get together every chance we can and ride so it works out nice. Any one want to get together and waste some gas. (Ha Ha). I am up for anything around 75 miles of Smithfield. Bite of food, or a frosty refreashing beverage. :) Either way if anyone wants to get out let me know. I will be checking back through out the day. Ride on.

Front Runner 01-06-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks for the comments on my bike gentlemen.

I'll be working on Sunday. I'm watching the thread for upcoming dates.

ncheavymetal 01-06-2012 10:31 AM

I commute on the bike daily. But don't have a lot of time to ride on the weekends. I am wrapped up this weekend and next weeked with family stuff. (Even though I may ride down to Pamlico Co next weekend for my wife's gma's 90th bday party) I am free on the 21st and or 28th for some type of meet and greet. Do either of those weekends work for anyone? We could meet somewhere central and have a bite and talk trucks and bikes.

So if anyone can make the 21 or 28 post up and let's get some plans firmed up.

WP: I might could get out for a dawn patrol Saturday morning but would need to be back in garner by lunchtime. Shoot me a message if you can/want to hit it early and ride an hour or two.

wp120470 01-06-2012 02:59 PM

Dang, I got an appointment in the morning till around lunch. V.A. Hosiptal for lab results. But those weekends sounds good and nothing scheduled yet so I am game. Either weekend works for me. Yeehaaa.

ncheavymetal 01-17-2012 10:08 AM

Alright, who is up for some grub this Saturday? Weather should be decent temp wise but calling for a slight chance of sprinkles. I'm game no matter the weather.

Chime in if you can make it. We'll see who can show and make plans from there.

Also, motorbike not required. Bring your truck if that helps you get there.

Suggestions for location are welcome. I'm fine with whatever. I'll put in a suggestion for Bill Ellis in Wilson. But it really doesn't matter where.

wp120470 01-17-2012 02:09 PM

Count me in. As long as they can cook a steak or ribs I am game.:-drink

ncheavymetal 01-17-2012 02:20 PM

Cool. That makes two so far.

Ellis has pork ribs but no steaks.

Make another suggestion so you can get a steak. Makes no difference to me.

Also a time.

Who else is showing up?

Ill bring some chapter stickers for those that don't have any yet.

wp120470 01-18-2012 05:57 AM

Sounds good to me. All I need is directions and maybe a battery.:-X18 Started having charging issuses last time out, but hey that is alright. They're ain't too much on the oldwing that I have'nt been into yet. Maybe I will get time to look at it today. As for a time, Around 1p.m. should give the sun enough time to do its job and knock the chill out of the air. But I am open to about anything.:-X22

wp120470 01-18-2012 10:05 AM

Just looked up Bill Ellis online. Bar-b-que, Yeah boy Count me in. I have never eaten there before, but I sure am looking forward to saturday. Come on everybody lets get some more members involved. The more the merrier.

lxlmariuslxl 01-18-2012 12:09 PM

I'm having charging problems too, only if I had to time to work on the bike...

Front Runner 01-18-2012 05:07 PM

Gonna have to pass on this one guys. Maybe next time.