Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Power slider (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/912346-power-slider.html)

Downriver Thunder 12-18-2009 01:03 PM

Power slider

Who wishes they had one? I think I have the wiring set up but no power window or switch. I don't have arms long enough to reach back and open the slider while driving, wish the original owner would have ordered it. lol

Fordfanatic4life 12-18-2009 06:18 PM

TBH i would trade my rear slider for a solid glass rear window..

i literaly NEVER use the slider and would prefer teh security and no chance of a water leak at the seal of a one peice window...

but the power rear slider is dam nice to have...until it stops working... 8-(

SLIM_DOWG 12-18-2009 06:47 PM

I do not see any reason why the the powered version would not fit. I did that modification on my previous Dodge 3500. The dodge power window upgrade was a bolt on fit. Run a power wire from the battery and you are set.

Almost anything can be done, depends on how eager you are to GIT R DONE...lol

:-jammin

VTX1800rider 12-18-2009 07:02 PM

I have one and I'm almost afraid to use it. When I bought the truck this past spring, I tried it and it barely opened all the way. You could hear it strain. I blew out the track clean and sprayed some WD. It still had somewhat of a hard time. I clean it out again to be sure and sprayed white lithuim grease on the cable and track. Besides the interior smelling a little, it's a little better but still not to my liking. I'm not sure how to completly take it apart for a total lube job

Downriver Thunder 12-19-2009 06:49 AM

Your motor is probably a little tight from not being used.

VTX1800rider 12-19-2009 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Downriver Thunder (Post 8258078)
Your motor is probably a little tight from not being used.

Any links or write ups on how to free it up?

tazo 12-19-2009 11:36 AM

I use my rear slider all the time. It is a great way to air out the cab. The window needs to kept clean and any debris kept out of the seals. I also spay some silicone into the seals to keep them lubed up. It helps the window slide easier and the silicone does not attract dirt and grime.
Having the extended cab without a motorized rear window in my last truck I would never open it. It was too far to reach and a pain in the rear.

JKBrad 12-21-2009 01:59 AM

I use mine all the time when backing up to a trailer and also at the boat ramp.

PERFORMANCE RED 12-21-2009 01:53 PM

I ordered my super cab with the standard rear windown because I want to put in my own power slider but with the things I have read I don't think this will be one change I will ever make.

06silvercrew 12-21-2009 05:02 PM

I have a solid glass, would like to add a power slider but cant justify the cost.