Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Help Me Get it Started! PLEASE! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/882336-help-me-get-it-started-please.html)

TOPS 09-05-2009 01:44 PM

Help Me Get it Started! PLEASE!

My Son-in-Law is finishing up my new engine replacement,He told me before he got started that he did not know how to time the engine to get it started, New distributor will be put in,new plug wires, I do not know where they go nor does he, do not wont to put put Number 1 wire on the number 3 and so, I think I understand TDC but not sure how to do it! If any you smart guys live close to Russellville,Arkansas sure could use the help, not a rich guy on disability but could buy you some gas. Thanks for understanding, My home phone number is 1-479-293-0080.

tojoski 09-06-2009 12:26 PM

What motor is it?

TOPS 09-06-2009 05:53 PM

Engine Size!

Joe, It is a 1995 F-150, with a 5.0L engine. Do you live near Russellville?

1996pwrstrk 09-07-2009 08:32 AM

If your replacement engine is speced out the same as the original it should have the 13726548 firing order. #1 is the first piston on the Passenger side ,To find TDC pull the plug on #1 with your finger or thumb covering the plug hole turn the engine over by hand with a socket on the crank bolt till the compression pops your finger out of the hole ( your on the compression stroke ), then place a screwdriver in the plug hole and make contact with the piston and very slowly and gently continue turning engine over you will feel the piston rise ( make sure that the screwdriver doesn't catch or jam )when you feel it start to drop back down stop, bump it back till you get back to the top of the stroke and you will be at TDC.

TOPS 09-07-2009 08:56 AM

Thank For the Replies!

Many thanks for the help,I hope to have it running soon!

1996pwrstrk 09-07-2009 12:01 PM

Keep us informed I will be home all day I will be in and out of the house but I will check for updates.

blueovalfan 09-10-2009 09:26 AM

I live close to you I could help if you dont have it running already.

TOPS 09-10-2009 11:33 AM

Call me!

Blueovalfan, Give me a call at 293-0080.Ask for Top, will met you at the store in London to have coffee.

blueovalfan 09-11-2009 03:00 PM

Hey Top I will call ya early next week,and we will get together for coffee. I have my daughter this weekend.

TOPS 09-15-2009 06:08 PM

Met a Member Today!

Met Blueovalfan fan, how luck can one man be to have such a knowledgeable person so close to your home, gave me tour of his shop man that place is nice, three big bays in it, all kinds of tools,has a studio apartment built on the side of his shop with a regulation size pool table in the apartment, apartment had central air and heat, nice does not describe how well made the shop is, it is truly outstanding. Told me today he will have my truck running by this weekend. I would like to take time to thank this web site and Many thanks to Gary for becoming a good friend.