Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Freshman User

TOPS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help Me Get it Started! PLEASE!

My Son-in-Law is finishing up my new engine replacement,He told me before he got started that he did not know how to time the engine to get it started, New distributor will be put in,new plug wires, I do not know where they go nor does he, do not wont to put put Number 1 wire on the number 3 and so, I think I understand TDC but not sure how to do it! If any you smart guys live close to Russellville,Arkansas sure could use the help, not a rich guy on disability but could buy you some gas. Thanks for understanding, My home phone number is 1-479-293-0080.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
What motor is it?

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Freshman User

Engine Size!

Joe, It is a 1995 F-150, with a 5.0L engine. Do you live near Russellville?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
If your replacement engine is speced out the same as the original it should have the 13726548 firing order. #1 is the first piston on the Passenger side ,To find TDC pull the plug on #1 with your finger or thumb covering the plug hole turn the engine over by hand with a socket on the crank bolt till the compression pops your finger out of the hole ( your on the compression stroke ), then place a screwdriver in the plug hole and make contact with the piston and very slowly and gently continue turning engine over you will feel the piston rise ( make sure that the screwdriver doesn't catch or jam )when you feel it start to drop back down stop, bump it back till you get back to the top of the stroke and you will be at TDC.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Freshman User

Thank For the Replies!

Many thanks for the help,I hope to have it running soon!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
Keep us informed I will be home all day I will be in and out of the house but I will check for updates.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Junior User

blueovalfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live close to you I could help if you dont have it running already.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Freshman User

Call me!

Blueovalfan, Give me a call at 293-0080.Ask for Top, will met you at the store in London to have coffee.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Junior User

blueovalfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Top I will call ya early next week,and we will get together for coffee. I have my daughter this weekend.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Freshman User

Met a Member Today!

Met Blueovalfan fan, how luck can one man be to have such a knowledgeable person so close to your home, gave me tour of his shop man that place is nice, three big bays in it, all kinds of tools,has a studio apartment built on the side of his shop with a regulation size pool table in the apartment, apartment had central air and heat, nice does not describe how well made the shop is, it is truly outstanding. Told me today he will have my truck running by this weekend. I would like to take time to thank this web site and Many thanks to Gary for becoming a good friend.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter